Help is available to anyone living in the Weston Rhyn, St Martins and Gobowen areas of Oswestry. Three Parishes Big Local is working with Citizens Advice Shropshire on a 3 year project that will help people to manage their household finances and access benefits.
In the first year of the project, they have helped 125 local people, mostly with benefits advice or switching utilities. The advice and support that they have received from Karen Williams through My Money Matters has helped them get over £95,000 in extra benefits between them. This is money that they were entitled to but didn’t know that they could claim.
If you or you know someone who might benefit from the advice that Karen can provide, drop in and see her for a confidential chat at any of the support sessions that she holds: Sessions are held each:
- Tuesdays: 10am – 1pm at St Martins Community Centre
- Wednesdays: 10am – 1pm at Weston Rhyn Institute
- Thursdays: 2pm – 5pm at Gobowen Central Library and Hub.
You can contact Karen at Citizens Advice Shropshire on 07526 169305 or 01743 280019. Help can be given with:
- Budgeting advice
- General Money Management
- Shopping habits and food waste
- Benefits advice
- Information on Credit Union savings and loans
- Advice on switching gas and electricity suppliers
- Advice on fuel poverty and rural food issues
The programme of workshops and drops in for Jan to Mar 2019 is shown below: