Event title: DAD Week 2016
Venue: Walton Gardens, Warrington (also see content)
Email: Use contact form on DAD website
Telephone: 01925 240064
Event description: The Week leading up to Disability Awareness Day (DAD) is a full of excitement. This year is the 25th Anniversary of DAD so it is an extra special year.
- Saturday 2nd July 10.30 am-4 pm Launch of DAD at Old Market Place, Golden Square Warrington Town Centre. Featuring some of the UK’s top disabled artists and friends of DAD. Free Admission – contact DAD Team 01925 240064
- Tuesday 5th July 9.30 am – 12.30 pm Schools Disability Matters Schools Event Walton Hall, Walton Gardens. Invitation Only – Derek Jones 01925 240064
- Tuesday 5th July ‘Wise Up Event’ – Schools Event Making young people aware of Hate Crime and bullying. Walton Hall, Walton Gardens Contact Pip Horne Warrington Speak Up 01925 246938 www.warringtonspeakup.org.uk
- Tuesday 5th July 7.00 pm -10.30 pm Frogtastic Arts Marquee Walton Gardens Warrington. The event features two fantastic tributes; Rod Stewart and Amy Winehouse as well as the famous singer Carly Ryan.
- Wednesday 6th July -Arts Marquee at Walton Gardens-10.30 am – 3.30 pm Ignite Your Life – Mental Health & Wellbeing Workshops & Exhibition
- Wednesday 6th July 7 pm – 11 pm – Mayor of Warrington – Evening of Multi-Culture (£10 per ticket, telephone Julia 01925 442143).
- Thursday 7th July 1 pm -4 pm – Carers Tea Party in the Park – Wired Carers For more details and booking contact Deb Fitzsimmons 01925 633492
- Thursday 7th July 5.00 pm- 7.00 pm – Children’s Party in the Park Contact Stacey King 01925 240064
- Thursday 7th July 7.30 pm – 10.30 pm Wingate’s Brass Band Tickets must be purchased see website.
- Friday 8th July 7.30 pm – 11.30 pm The DAD Mega BBQ Arts Marquee Walton Gardens Warrington.Tickets must be purchased see website. Teams of up to eight people for a fun quiz, a raffle with hundreds of pounds worth of prizes, and a hilarious session or two of stand up Bingo! There will be great food, a licensed bar and a fantastic charity auction.
- Saturday 9th July 6 pm -7.30 pm “WDP 25th Anniversary Legacy Appeal Celebration” Arts Marquee, Walton Gardens. Thank you get together for supporters of WDP Legacy appeal for more information contact Janis Williams 01925 240064
- Sunday 10th July 10 am – 5 pm The Big Event – Silver Anniversary – 25th Disability Awareness Day Walton Hall GardensWorld’s largest voluntary led pan disability exhibition. Over 250 exhibitors from voluntary, statutory, private and business organisations with hundreds of ideas for independent living supported by a fun packed day out for all the family.
For more information about DAD 2016 please click here: http://www.disabilityawarenessday.org.uk/index.shtml