1st October 2019
8th November 2019
A public consultation about refreshing the library strategy has been launched so the new version can reflect local priorities and needs.
A series of consultation events will also be held at libraries across the county during Libraries Week, from 7–11 October 2019.
- Oswestry Library – Monday 7 October, 10 am to 3/4 pm
- Bridgnorth Library – Tuesday 8 October, 10 am to 3 pm
- Ludlow Library – Wednesday 9 October, 10 am to 3 pm
- Shrewsbury Library – Thursday 10 October, 10 am to 3 pm
- Whitchurch Library – Friday 11 October,10 am to 1 pm
- Market Drayton Library – Friday 11 October, 1 pm to 4 pm
The current library strategy includes a three-tier system which informs how resources would be financed and managed over a five-year period.
Two years on it has been identified that a refreshed strategy, that offers a robust vision with clear priorities for the library service of the future, is needed.
Shropshire Council would like to seek your views so that the new library strategy can reflect local priorities and needs. You can read more about the proposals by clicking this link https://www.shropshire.gov.uk/get-involved/library-strategy-engagement-and-consultation/ or to have your say click this link completing our survey.