Telephone: 01743 360 641
Address: Community Council of Shropshire, The Creative Quarter, Shrewsbury Business Park, Shrewsbury, SY2 6LG
The purpose of the Community Council of Rural Shropshire is to maintain and improve the quality of life in Shropshire, particularly its rural communities. We encourage, facilitate and enable voluntary effort and activity and work for productive partnerships between the statutory, voluntary and private sectors.
NB: Carers support contract is now with CarersTrust4All
- ICare Card Scheme
- Shropshire Volunteering Team
- Preventative Services Development work
- Sensory Resource and Development Service (includes Effective Hearing Programmes and Site Loss Opportunity Group)
- Oil Buying Scheme
- Fuel Poverty
- Signpost, a range of services designed to help people over the age of 65 remain in their own homes supported by community services.
- Fund Finder, for people in need
- Voluntary Sector
- Equipment Loan
- Learning Information
- Training Programme, including Breakfast Briefings
- Charity Review (annual review of local grant-giving charities)
- Independent Examiners for Charity Accounts.
- Community Buildings
- Community Venue search
- Community Building Funding
- Grants and Funding
- Shropshire Grassroots Fund
- Care Development Grant for groups and organisations
- Grantfinder for businesses, voluntary and community groups and charities
- Shropshire Community Fund
- Wheels to Work, including the loan of battery-power-assisted bicycles and mopeds.
Related site: Shropshire Infrastructure Partnership