Event title: Carers Right Day 2014 Shrewsbury
Venue: Shrewsbury Baptist Church, Crowmere Road, Shrewsbury SY2 5JJ
Name: Community Council of Rural Shropshire
Telephone: 01743 341995
Event description: Carers Rights Day this year takes place on Friday 28th November, it is an important date because it is an opportunity to raise awareness about the financial and practical help that is available to people who are looking after a family member, friend or neighbour who can’t manage without that help.
Shropshire Rural Community Council’s event this year will feature:
- Implementing the Care Act in Shropshire-What we are doing for Carers-Kathyn Downton of Shropshire Council
- Healthwatch-One Year On-What we have achieved. Jane Randall-Smith, Chief Officer.
Workshops will include:
- Paying for Care-Liz Holdsworth of Wace Morgan
- Assistive Technology-Linda Reese from Tunstall.
- Understanding Eligibility-Sarah Dillon from Shropshire Council.
- Coping with Relationship Changes-Julie Lloyd from Relate
Information Market Place includes Crossroads Care, Alzheimers, Age UK, Tunstall, Wace Morgan, Sight & Hearing Loss, Healthwatch & Benefits Team.
Click here to download poster: carers rights day 2014 poster (3)
Refreshments & a light lunch will be provided.
To book your place please call 01743 341995