Address: Telford and Shrewsbury see below for address and times
Beam- Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin -Providing children and young people a space to talk. 0-25 , parents and carers.
At Beam, we provide a drop-in service where children and young people in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin can access advice and support on any concerns relating to mental and emotional well-being.
We are proud to be part of Bee-U, a network of emotional health and well-being organisations
Who is this service available to?
Beam welcomes anyone under 25 who has something on their mind to come and talk to us and tell us how they’re feeling. There is no need to get a referral or to make an appointment, just drop in.
We also welcome parents and carers with concerns about a child or young person’s emotional health and well-being to drop in, as well as other professionals.
What happens at Beam?
We know it can be scary going somewhere for the first time, and our drop-ins are set out to be as welcoming as possible.
Any children and young people who visit will be greeted by a member of the team, asked to register, and introduced to one of our practitioners, who will take the time to listen before making suggestions.
We use different games and activities to provide a relaxed, safe and comfortable space.
The Beam Team consists of therapists, youth workers and well-being volunteers who are here to listen. We’ll provide children and young people with practical support and suggestions tailored to suit their needs. We aim to address the feelings they are experiencing and suggest strategies to help them improve their emotional well-being.
What Beam will do:
- We will provide brief, therapeutic support (for example, coping strategies to manage anxiety or challenging behaviour)
- We will promote education on mental health topics
- We will give practical support and suggestions
- We will listen, trying our best to ensure you feel heard
- We will adapt, we know there is no such thing as one-size-fits-all
What Beam don’t do:
- We don’t deliver structured therapy
- We don’t complete assessments
- We don’t diagnose
- We don’t automatically make referrals
- We don’t offer an appointment system, just turn up
Where and when can I access Beam?
We offer a drop in service at 9 Market St, Wellington, Telford, TF1 1BP. You do not need an appointment just come along between 10am – 5pm on Thursdays. (Please note, you must attend by 4.15pm to be seen by a practitioner as doors close at 5 pm).
From week commencing the 7th March 2022 are times are changing
Drop in Service Wellington:
- Tuesday 12 pm – 6pm . (Please note, you must attend by 5.15pm to be seen by a practitioner as doors close at 5pm).
- Thursday 10am – 6pm . (Please note, you must attend by 5.15pm to be seen by a practitioner as doors close at 5pm).
Drop in service The Lantern, Meadow Farm Drive, Shrewsbury, SY1 4NG
- Mondays 12 – 4pm (please arrive no later than 3.15pm)
More details coming soon.
To keep up to date with changes please follow us @shropshirebeam
For more information watch this power point presentation breaking-down-beam-v13
Follow us on Face Book @childrensociety and Twitter @childrensociety
Charity number 221124.