Event title: Active Kids For All workshop
Venue: TBC but it will be a central location in Shrewsbury or Telford.
Name: Energize Team
Telephone: 01743 453497
Event description: The Active Kids for All Inclusive Community Training is a scheme designed for leaders, volunteers, coaches, assistants and parents who support community sports opportunities, helping them to develop the skills and confidence to include disabled people in sporting activity.
This is the first of two workshops.
The Active Kids for All Inclusive Community Training will be designed to support:
- Community based groups and organisations
- Support workers including those in day, community and faith centres
- Community sport providers
- Leaders and volunteers
NOTE: this workshop is not for people already working within sport specific environments and those people should access inclusion training identified or provided by their National Governing Body of sport (NGB).
This course aims to provide first step training to community providers to improve knowledge, competence and confidence in delivering sports based activities to disabled people. This training will also aim to introduce workshop participants to established coaching pathways for further development.
In its entirety the training will comprise of a 3 hour practical workshop, where learners will:·
- learn about practical tools to support inclusive delivery
- explore creative ideas to support disabled people to access physical activity and sport.
- complete a workbook that will support their activity sessions going forward
- learn about local opportunities for participants, leaders, volunteers and coaches