Event title: 9th Shropshire Autism Conference 2018-Shrewsbury
Venue: Barnabas Church Centre, Longden Coleham, Shrewsbury SY3 7DN
Name: Autism West Midlands
Telephone: 01743 250 962
Event description: ‘Living, Learning & Growing up with Autism’
Our 9th Shropshire Autism conference will once again provide opportunities to hear expert speakers, share ideas and chat with others who have similar experiences.
Our keynote speaker this year is Sara King, an adult on the autism spectrum who will speak on her experiences as a woman receiving a diagnosis later in life. Sara will also be running a workshop on being a parent on the autism spectrum.
In a change to our previous format we will also be offering a choice of two Question and Answer sessions with a panel of local professionals/services:
1. Education support for children with autism
2. Transition to adult services.
Then there will be an opportunity to attend two workshops (one before and one
after lunch) on the following topics:
- • Being a parent with autism
- • Meditation and Mindfulness approaches
- • Parenting children with ADHD alongside their autism
- • Supporting communication through play
- • Understanding the teenage brain
- • Developing self advocacy & autism services in Shropshire
- • Sensory world of autism
- • Sleep issues in autism
- • Supporting the development of social skills
- • Talking to your child about their diagnosis
Refreshments and lunch included.
Cost: £15 – parents, family, carers & people with autism £50 – Professionals
Booking Information: to book this event please visit the online shop:
For more information about this event please contact Hilary by telephoning 01743 250 962 or emailing email@example.com
This Conference is supported by Shropshire Council and NHS Shropshire Clinical Commissioning Group