Event title: 8th Shropshire Autism Conference
Venue: Barnabas Community Church, Longden Coleham, Shrewsbury SY3 7DN
Name: Hilary McGlynn
Telephone: 01743 250 962
Event description: This is our 8th Shropshire Autism Conference. The day will provide opportunities to hear expert speakers, share ideas and chat with others who have similar experiences.
By popular demand we look forward to welcoming back our key note speaker Alex Lowery who will speak on Growing up with Autism. Alex was diagnosed with autism when he was four years of age and is now a public speaker and trainer on autism.
There will be an opportunity to attend two workshops (one before and one after lunch) on the following topics:
- Key principles for choosing an autism intervention – Elisabeth Hurley, Research and Autism Information Officer, Autism West Midlands.
- How to approach behaviours that concern – Lee Burden, Senior Trainer and Spe- cialist Behavioural Advisor, Autism West Midlands.
- Autism, happiness and wellbeing – Wendy Cowton, Autism Co-ordinator, Autism West Midlands.
- Education, Health and Care Plans – Lesley Perks, Manager, Information, Advice and Support Service (IASS).
- Supporting meaningful engagement and communication – Lucy Shortt, Specialist Speech and Language Therapist, Pink Elephant and Sarah Davys-Jones, Specialist Occupational Therapist, Zebra Therapy.
- Autism and PDA; supporting demand avoidant children – Hilary McGlynn, Shropshire Manager, Autism West Midlands.
- Wills, Trusts, Lasting Powers of Attorney and how to provide for your child – Amanda Dobson. LLB (Hons) Non- Practising Barrister working as a Legal Consultant specialising in Wills,Trusts and Lasting Powers of Attorney.
- An Autism Spectrum family – a survival guide – Empathy for Special Children, (local parent led organisation).
Cost: £15 (parents, family carers & people with autism), £45 (professionals)
Booking Information: To book this event please visit the online shop: http://shop.autismwestmidlands.org.uk/collections/events/products/shropshire-autism-conference-2017?variant=27402642753
The conference is supported by Shropshire Council and the NHS, Shropshire Clinical Commissioning Group.