Event title: Five Ways to Wellbeing
Venue: The Qube, Oswald Road, Oswestry SY11 1RB
Name: The Qube
Telephone: 01691 656882
Event description: We’re encouraged to eat at least five fruit and vegetables a day to take care
of our physical health, but what about our mental health? Five ways to wellbeing is a programme which encourages positive mental health based on worldwide research amongst doctors. Good mental health is also important for our physical health too. The stresses and strains of the Covid19
pandemic have put additional pressure on us. As we slowly come out of lockdown North Shropshire College are providing a service for a small number of people (max 6) which encourages us to take responsibility for our own wellbeing and learn strategies for dealing with difficult situations.
By the end of the course you can expect to be able to do the following:
- Build a list of people you can connect with who will encourage and support you
- Learn strategies to manage emotions and difficult times-whether it is family or situations
- Learn mindful practices that can be implemented daily which will help you relax
- Understand why lifelong learning is important and find interests that will keep you mentally stimulated
- Build your own personal plan based on goals you set yourself to keep you motivated.
You will need…your own pen.
Your tutor will supply…folders and handouts.
Rosemarie Sellers is a Health and Wellbeing lifestyle teacher who has been delivering programmes out into the Community for the last 10 years. She is herself no stranger to overcoming challenging times and has a very practical approach to helping others become motivated to make those changes
necessary to have an improved quality of life. She has worked with the long term unemployed, Enable and Shropshire recovery, and has also spent the last 3 years working with Syrian refuges teaching them English and British values.